Clear glowing skin

Wednesday 14 June 2017
I have always struggled with acne since I was around 12 and over the years although it has gotten better I have learnt how to look after my skin. I often notice when I do something out of my normal routine as my face will break out and I will feel like I am 14 again. As I have gotten older I have also learnt how important it is to look after your skin.



1.     Drink more water.
This is so important often we don’t monitor how much water we drink, which often means we don’t drink enough. It’s important to get 8 glasses a day, it also important to cut back on sugar drinks and soda as they are often the reason we break out.

2.     Cleanse morning and night
I didn’t realise how important this one was until I started cleansing my face both morning and night. I started to notice just how much clearer my skin was but not only how much clearer but also brighter and softer. I am also someone who get dark under eyes and cleansing morning and night I have found helps with that.

3.     Take off makeup
I know, it is such a drag. There have been many times I don’t feel like taking my make up off. I work night shift as well so often when I get home I just want to go straight to sleep, however, if I don’t take my make-up I can expect at least three new spots when I wake up which is never a good thing. While taking my make up off will always feel like a chore, I keep make-up wipes next to my bed so for those nights where I really can’t be bothered cleansing and taking my make up off properly I am still ensuring most of my make-up is off and my skin can breathe

4.     Monitor stress levels
When I am stressed I break out, there is no other way to put it. My skin reacts to how I am feeling on the inside so it is important to acknowledge when you are stressed and take the appropriate actions against it. For me; it’s knowing that every Monday morning after I have been to the gym that I can get Starbucks (my naughty treat for the week) and sit by the beach, for you; it might be eating popcorn and watching Netflix. Whatever it may be, remember to set aside time for yourself when you are stressed.


5.     Watch the food you put in your body
If I eat crap my skin looks like crap there is no way around it. If I eat sugary foods or those high in fat my skin will let me know that I haven’t been eating right and it will break out. Therefore, I have learnt to watch what I eat but also giving myself a little treat every now and again because it is about balance and we can’t always be perfect.

What are your skincare tips? Do you agree with mine?
Let me know in the comments below.


No comments

Post a Comment