Mental Health Goals // January 2016 | New Year, New Me

Sunday 22 January 2017

My Mental Health is obviously important, as is everybodies! This year I want to continue to kick ass with my mental health and continue to improve it. This year I said goodbye to depression, while I am sure that I will at some point have depression again, I am currently depression free. I also have my PTSD under control which is excited. Don't get me wrong though there is definitely some things I still won't do and other things I struggle to do but in 2016 I definitely achieved things I didn't think I would in terms of my mental health.



This year I want to continue to talk to you guys about mental health and how it can effect people. Mental Health education is super important and therefore something I want to be talking about more. Last year I posted a depression post that I worked with the mental health foundation on. I want to continue to work with them to release more blog posts educated you all. I also want to talk publicly about my own struggle with mental health both on my blog and other public platforms, I want to do this because I feel as though hearing other peoples stories has helped me and could potentially help others.



My own personal mental health isn't really something I talk about. This is because I am a fairly private person and don't like going into details it is also something that is obviously hard to talk about. I want to talk to you guys about the things I have struggled with and continue to struggle with. I will talk to you all about my diagnosis, and what my mental health means in terms of my feelings and all that. I also want to open up to you all about why i don't talk about it, and why I find it such a taboo subject. I feel like there is some obvious reasons however there is also other personal things that I don't talk about often and I only once publicly spoken about (which I have since deleted the instagram post). My mental health has improved an amazing amount in 2016 ad is something I want to keep improving. I am currently seeing a therapist and I have that funded till November which I will definitely keep going to because it has helped me in ways I never thought possible. I also want to talk to you all about going to therapy and my opinions on it because it is a little more complicated than it may seem.

What is your stance on mental health? Is it something you have struggled with?
Let me know in the comments below.




2 comments

  1. You're right and I think it's so great you're able to use your blog to talk about something so important! This past year I've made a good friend who struggles with depression and anxiety and it's been so important to me to be able to support her through rough times. :))

    Fernanda | heyfernandafletcher.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I plan on doing heaps more posts this year on mental health! I am so pleased you are able to support and be understanding for your friend!

      Delete