Defining My Faith // January 2016 | New Year, Same Me

Wednesday 25 January 2017

I am taking a deep breathe as I start to write this post as I don't know how it is going to go. I have no structure or plan. I do know roughly what I want to talk about but that could honestly go in any direction so please bare with me.



I am not religious. I feel like that is a bold statement especially because thats the main topic of this pot but hear me out. I don't define myself as religious in any way, shape or form. You may disagree but i don't care. I don't define myself as religious because to me that sounds cult like and to be honest something I don't want to be apart of. I do however have faith, 100% believe in God. Don't get me wrong I have my moments of doubt but we all do. None of us are perfect and I definitely at times have doubt that God is real.

If you had asked me 2 years ago if i believed in God or had faith I would have black out said no. 8 years ago i would have said yes and now I also say yes. So why the shift from yes to no and back to yes. I was bought up as Christian and as I got older I didn't agree with some of the idea that were bought up around me, I also had events occur in my private life that I didn't understand why God would let that happen. After a lot of education and developing my own thoughts about certain topics I have come to the decision that I do have faith and I do believe in God.

In the last 6 months my faith has got stronger and it is stronger than it has ever been. I have had interactions that have made my faith stronger, I have also attended 'events' that have made my faith stronger and that is something I will never be ashamed of. This year I want to expand my faith more, I want to start going to church which is another topic that is more complicated than it may seem from the outside but it is something I will potentially do a blog post on.


What is your stance on religion? What are your beliefs? 
Let me know in the comments below. (Please be respectful of other people)

No comments

Post a Comment